Skip to content

Is your basement protected from the next storm?

Quality Waterproofing Solutions

Expert, Certified Inspectors

Reliable & Affordable Service

Fully Licensed and Insured


Services We Provide

Why does my basement leak?

The builder of your house dug a hole in the ground and put your home in it – with no protection. When it rains Ground Water enters your basement at the footer joint (where the floor and wall meets) because of tremendous pressure exerted by the water in the earth around subterranean walls. This stress eventually forces the water to find the path of least resistance. According to the Home Inspection Census more than 98% of all basements will eventually leak.

As shown in the image, water can and will eventually enter through the most least resistant spots in the basement.

image showing how above water can and will eventually enter through the most least resistant spots in the basement.

Moisture control

The key to mold control is moisture control.

cleaning supplies icon

Clean up the mold promptly

If mold is a problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly and fix the water problem.

spore inside shield icon

Prevent mold growth

It is important to dry water damaged areas and items within 24 to 48 hours to prevent mold growth.

What can happen if I don’t fix it now?

Regardless if your house is only 1 month or 75 year’s old all basements eventually will get water. If the water intrusion problems are not addressed properly in a timely then they will only get worse.

 Basements are typically the area of a structure most at risk for water damage because they are located below grade and surrounded by soil. Wet basements can cause problems that include peeling paint, toxic mold contamination, building rot, foundation collapse, and termite damage. Even interior air quality can be affected if naturally occurring gasses released by the soil are being transmitted into the basement. Properly waterproofing a basement will lessen the risk of damage caused by moisture or water.

Can mold cause health problems?

Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants and, in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).

Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing. This article provides a brief overview; it does not describe all potential health effects related to mold exposure. For more detailed information, consult a health professional. You may also wish to consult your state or local health department.

mold symptoms

Do you need help with your basement?


What Our Customers Say

We have had our share of contractors and I honestly have to say that “Watertight Basements” were the best! They were the MOST responsible, respectful and reliable workers we have had. Dennis and the other men gave us all our options when starting the project and during it and helped us decide on the best plan for what we were looking for. They took the time to answer all questions no matter what time of the day, they were on time and worked with our schedule , and they paid such great attention to detail. When the job was finished we were sad to see them go!
Nikki Silva
We recently had a lot of water and mold in our basement due to hurricane sandy. We used water tight to get rid of the mold and to prevent our basement from getting water ever again. We had 2 other companies give us estimates but water tight was the most affordable and professional. Our basement is still dry and mold free 4 months after work was completed. I definitely recommended. Water tight above the rest.
Christina Hinson
Great price for the job. Owner Dennis was understanding of my schedule and had it done in time. A pressure relief system and new sump pump was installed in my basement. These guys really have knowledge about how to keep basements dry. The best part is the warrenty they offer!! Better offer than any other quote from another company in the area.
Stephanie Cerchia
Owner, Dennis, is a great all around guy. It's hard to find contractors you can trust, but this is definitely one of them.
Drew Shelton

Call today to schedule a FREE in home estimate with one of our highly experienced and certified Basement Waterproofing and Mold inspectors.

Request a Free Estimate